This page lists all the Open Educational Resources (OERs) that were created by Stuttgart Media University for the further course User Interface Personalization, which is scheduled to run on edX.
These OERs are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence (CC-BY 4.0). Simply put, this licence allows you to share, adapt and redistribute the content of the OERs, provided that you correctly attribute the original creators of these resources (Hochschule der Medien/Stuttgart Media University). If you are not familiar with this licence, please read it before reusing these OERs.
All content from the course is available as OERs: text-based OERs are available in a Google Drive folder; videos are available on Vimeo. Both the videos and their caption files can be downloaded from Vimeo. Below is a list of the OERs for the course.
There is also a single-page version of the course on GitHub.io.
Module 1: Introduction to Personalization
- Introduction to the MOOC User Interface Personalization: video on Vimeo. Transcript of the intro video (ODF).
- Barriers (ODF): document about barriers that people experience on the Web.
- Accessibility and Usability (ODF).
- Accessibility Features in Firefox: video on Vimeo. Accessibility Features in Firefox: transcript (ODF).
- Accessibility Add-ons for Firefox: video on Vimeo. Accessibility Add-ons for Firefox: transcript (ODF).
- Accessibility and “One Size Fits All” (ODF).
- Adaptable Versus Adaptive User Interfaces (ODF).
Module 2: Understanding Personalization on Web Pages and Sites
- Describing Adaptable Features as Needs and Preferences (ODF).
- Alternative Stylesheets (ODF).
- Fonts and Other Characterisitcs (ODF).
- Navigation (ODF).
- Videos: Captions and Audio Description (ODF).
- Advanced Adaptations (ODF).
Module 3: Hands On: Personalizing a Web Interface
- Introduction to the Hands-on Task: video on Vimeo. Transcript of the video (ODF).
- Project: Making A Website Adaptive (ODF).
- The Example Website (ODF).
- Running the Example Website on a Local Server (ODF).
- GitHub repository for the example website (licence: Apache 2.0). Live version of the example website.
- GitHub repository for the website hosting example preference sets (licence: Apache 2.0).. Live version of the website hosting example preference sets.